What is The goldmax gypsum plasters?
GOLDMAX GYPSUM Plaster is a brand name of Gypsum Range of Products marketed by GOLDMAX PLASTERS PVT. LTD. It is manufactured by heating the prepared raw gypsum. Heating the raw gypsum forces a chemical reaction in the gypsum to change it from dihydrate, CaSO4. 2H2O, to hemihydrate, CaSO4.½H2O, by driving off 1½ of the molecules of water, known as the ‘water of crystallization’. Additives are added to CaSO4.½H2O to reduce its Bulk Density, delay the setting time, to arrest the shrinkage cracks & to improve the bonding strength, durability, Insulation value, fire resistance.
What ARE THE PRINCIPAL TOOLS USED TO APPLY GYPSUM PLASTER?
The following tools are used:
- Mixing Rod
- Plumb Bob
UPON What BASES MAY GOLDMAX GYPSUM PLASTER BE APPLIED?
GOLDMAX Gypsum Plasters can be applied directly to brick walls, concrete blocks, or RCC surfaces. The RCC surfaces should be hacked or use of a GOLDMAX Instant Bond-it is recommended. The surfaces should not, however, have paint, oil, dust, dirt, or any other material that might prevent the development of a satisfactory bond.
What is the thickness recommended for application of goldmax gypsum plasters?
GOLDMAX Gypsum Plasters can be applied approximately 6mm to 35 mm in thickness measured from the face of the backing. Plasters for higher thickness should be applied in two or more layers (15mm each) at an interval of 6 to 10 hours.
What are the method of gypsum application?
- In Plumb bob of the wall
- The Right-angle method
- Bull marking/Line Leveling After That Application of Gypsum Plaster
What is meant by the term sweat out?
Sweat out occurs where there is too much moisture. Here the plaster stays wet and will not set. This condition results from the lack of circulation of air.
What conditions cause sweat out?
Normally, when Gypsum plaster is mixed, more water is used than the amount needed to set the plaster. It is necessary, however, to use the extra amount of water to produce a workable mortar. Proper circulation of air will remove the excess water gradually and allow the plaster to set properly.
how does goldmax gypsum plaster behave in moisture?
When a roof or the external plaster leaks or water pipe break, the wetting of the plaster has no harmful effect, if the plaster area affected can dry out rapidly. Repeated wetting will keep the surface damp, till the plastering area is dried out.
To avoid moisture seepage from the ground, apply GOLDMAX GYPSUM Plaster on exterior walls to not less than 4” to 6” above the grade line. Do not apply Plaster on flat horizontal surfaces when they are exposed to weather. Water flow does not affect the Plaster strength, but it may cause the Gypsum plaster to become stained.
WHAT FIXTURES CAN BE DRILLED IN TO THE PLASTERS?
Lightweight fixtures, such as small pictures, can be supported using a steel pin and hook. Medium and heavy fixtures can be accommodated with plugs and screws, or suitable proper fixings, if there is adequate penetration into the background.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF GYPSUM PLASTER?
Shelf life of GOLDMAX YPSUM Plaster is 6-8 Month from the date of manufacturing.
WHAT are the pricautions to be takin while using of goldmax gypsum?
- a) Tools and water used in the mixing must be clean and free from set plaster and other impurities.
- b) Set plaster shortens the setting time and thus reduces the strength of plaster, which sets.
- c) Fittings and plugging of all kinds should be done before the proceeding to plaster.
- d) Openings, chases, or other apertures for cable conduits and others should be cut before plastering.
- e) Service piping, conduits, fixing clips and other metallic objects should be adequately protected by applying galvanizing, painting, or applying a layer of PVC mesh to protect it from rusting.
- f) Once a mix has started to set, mix should not be re tempered neither should a fresh gauging be mixed with an old one.
WHAT can be apply the goldmax GYPSUM PLASTER?
POP masons are the best applicators for the Gypsum plastering work. However, the Technical team of Goldmax Plasters Pvt. Ltd. can train the masons from other trade such as cement sand plastering.
WHAT are the advantage of using goldmax gypsum plaster?
- a) No shrinkage cracks
- b) Sets hard in a matter of hours, to ensure continuity of work
- c) The application is comparatively independent of weather conditions
- d) High Thermal & Fire resistance
- e) No curing required
- f) Painting work can be commenced after 3 to 4 days of plastering
- g) No supervision is required as in case of cement sand plastering
- h) Smooth finish
WHAT about the crakes?
GOLDMAX GYPSUM plasters having more flexibility due to high purity gypsum. Hence shrinkage cracks not to be appeared on the surface.
IS REAINFORCEMENT REQURING FOR GOLDMAX GYPSUM PLASTERS?
In between, two materials metal / PVC mesh is required for reinforcement. Angle bead can be used to protect external corners.
WHAT IS THE COST OF GOLDMAX 1 COAT GYPSUM PLASTER COMPARED TO SAND+PLASTER +GYPSUM APPLICATION?
Almost same & lower ( LABOUR & MATERIAL )
WHAT ARE THE EXTRA FEATURES OF GOLDMAX GYPSUM PLASTER?
It reduced the cost of putty during painting.
Save the cost of water curing (no post curing is required)
It provides thermal and sound insulation and absorption.
WHAT IS THE WATER GYPSUM PLASTER RETIO FOR SUITABLE MIXER?
1:1.25 (GYPSUM POWDER+WATER MIXING)
WHAT IS THE DURABILITY?
Lifelong: This plaster is with high purity gypsum having free from lime and other contamination. Other ingredients and aggregates used also are natural. Thus, it provides a strong and durability to the background.
WHAT WILL BE GOLDMAX SUPPORT?
GOLDMAX Company provides technical solution in case of any requirement. /Gypsum Application/Labor/ Other Issues Related of Gypsum Plaster.
WHAT is the gypsum BOND-it?
- A one part, ready-to- use internal plaster bonding agent with added aggregate to provide a key prior to plastering on smooth surfaces.
- Bonding Agent for smooth surfaces Contains sand/aggregate to provide plaster key.
- Ready to use, one coat application.
- Perfect for use on smooth substrates.
- Pigmented Blue to identify treated areas.
- Phthalate free formulation
WHAT is the advantage of using gypsum BOND-it?
- Better Adhesion properties than other products available in the market.
- Better Coverage than other products available in the market.
- Faster application process, hence, savings in application time and greater manpower output under given conditions.
why we should choose goldmax bond-it?
Goldmax Gypsum Bond-it is a bonding agent for smooth surfaces which is ready to use, “one coat application”. GOLDMAX BOND successfully replaces the ancient process of hacking the wall. This is phthalate free formulation which is perfect to use in smooth surfaces.
why IS THE PHTHALATE FREE FORMULATION?
Meeting the consumers’ increasing environmental awareness, the Company developed the Phthalate Free formulation. Completely free of phthalates, the innovative composition guarantees the purity of liquids keeping unaltered the food organoleptic features.
why IS THE PROCEDURE APPLICATION OF GOLDMAX BOND-IT?
GOLDMAX BOND-IT is ready to use one coat application. Following are the steps one must follow.
- Step 1 – Ensure all the surface are clean from any containments that may hinder adhesion, including any loose or flaking material.
- Step 2 – Allow the wall to dry.
- Step 3 – Thoroughly stir GOLDMAX BOND-IT before use.
- Step 4 – DO not dilute, simply apply one coat using a brush roller and leave to dry for a minimum of 2-3 hrs. before wall plastering.
NOTE: Cold or humid conditions may increase drying time. Do not use in temp. below 5 degrees.
GOLDMAX BOND-IT WILL GIVE THE SAME RESULT AS WELL HACKING?
GOLDMAX BOND-IT is always a better alternative over hacking. Hacking is not only very crude method of creating bond between Gypsum and Concrete surface but also, it weakens the RCC structure. Hacking is not uniformly distributed since it’s done in a random way. Depth of hacking and pitch of hacking variance over a given surface remains high due to fatigue factor.
WHAT SHOULD BE THE THICKNESS OF THE CEMENT MORTAR PLASTER?
Maximum thickness of the Cement Mortar Plaster can be achieved to 20mm, in two steps/coats.
Second coat shall be applied when the first coat is relatively set and hard enough for easy working.
HOW GOLDMAX BOND-IT DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER BOND-IT?
GOLDMAX BOND-IT is safer and has high coverage than other products available in the market.
HOW TO GOLDMAX 1 COAT GYPSUM APPLICATION CAN BE REPLACE WALL HACKING?
GOLDMAX BOND-IT creates excellent adhesion over the concrete surface and stand strong enough under excessive pull load conditions without weakening base concrete surface. Hence, it effectively replaces wall hacking.
WHAT is the FIBRE GLASS MESH?
- This is High Grade of Pure Latex Material.
- Fabric Treated Weight.
WHAT is the advantage of using fibreglass mesh?
Goldmax Fiberglass Mesh is a Pre-treatments of Very Strength and Smooth Background.
WHAT is the application method?
- Make the surface clean, free of debris and oil. Chasing should be filled
- Apply the first layer of base coat over the entire surface
- Apply the mesh from the top to the bottom of the wall by pressing it into the first layer of the base coat (starting from the center then out to the side).
- Apply the rest of the base coat keeping the mesh sandwiched between the two coats
- Apply at least 3 mm of upper coat material on top of the base coat
WHAT is the product strength?
GM-Tensile strength in standard
conditions wrap/weft (N/5 cm) 1500/-
WHAT is the goldmax fibre glass mesh dimensional characteristic?
Fabric Treated Weight 85/145/GSM
Product Size 5*5MM BOX
Standard Roll Size W*L 0.15M*50MTR. & 1mtr*50mtr.
WHAT is the application location?
* Internal/External All Joints
* Interior Wall Reinforcement
* Repair of RCC/Block Joint Surfaces
* Rcc/Block Wall Joint Fixing Before Plaster
* Tiles Fixing on Walls